What to do with the kids in Tofino
Need some ideas of activities for kids and families in Tofino or Ucluelet? In addition the family-friendly features at Crystal Cove, we have a handy little list to get you started!
- Play on the beach! Build sandcastles, fly a kite, have a beach fire and make s’mores.
- Try boogie boarding or stand up paddle boarding right on MacKenzie Beach, just steps from your cabin or RV site with us here at Crystal Cove Beach Resort.
- Drive to Ucluelet for the day and visit the awe-inspiring and fun Ucluelet Aquarium (with touch tanks!).
- After visiting the Ucluelet Aquarium, pop in to Jamie’s Whaling Station next door to see their baby humpback whale skeleton. Then go walk the Lighthouse Loop portion of the Wild Pacific Trail, which is a great spot to look for whales from land.
- Check out tidal pools at low tide on MacKenzie Beach or Cox Bay.
- Mini golf, or for the more adventurous, paint ball, at the Long Beach Golf Course Campsit.
- Take a guided cultural canoe trip with T’ashii Paddle School and Cultural Canoe Tours over to Meares Island to walk the Big Tree Trail and learn about our local Nuu-chah-nulth First Nation history.
- Bring your bikes (or have them delivered right to your door courtesy of Marc at TOF Cycles) and check out our lovely Multi-Use Path. Bike out to Chesterman Beach and Cox Bay, and then head into town and visit the Tuff City Skate Park or the Tuff City Bike Park.
- Visit the Tofino Botanical Gardens, which is just a short walk or bike ride away. Don’t forget to explore the Children’s Garden and visit the Raincoast Interpretive Centre located in the Clayoquot Field Station at the Gardens and inquire about their interpretive programs for children.
- Family Surf Lesson/Day with one of the many great surf companies in town. If you want to continue to surf on your own after an awesome lesson, check out the Tofino Surf Hub link on our homepage for discounts on rental gear and deliveries.
- Be silly with your kids and have some fun with your family on our newly renovated playground at Crystal Cove Beach Resort and then stop into our Bean at the Cove coffee bar for a hot chocolate and coffee afterwards.
- Breathe Deep.
- Enjoy Nature.
- Make lasting memories. :)
The Playground at Crystal Cove Beach Resort