MacKenzie Beach provides 1km of sandy beach, making it a relaxing oasis close to the town of Tofino. Well-situated tidal rocks shelter the beach, allowing only the gentlest of waves to ripple in, so it’s perfect for young families to play. During low tide you can walk to the small islands in front or climb the rocks in the cove at the south end. Although this beach is home to a few resorts and campgrounds, it retains a calm nature. Crystal Cove Beach Resort offers the highest rated accommodation on MacKenzie Beach - find out more about our cabin accommodation or RV camping .
Things to do on MacKenzie Beach
- Try stand-up paddle boarding! The calm waters of MacKenzie Beach are perfectly suited to this more laid-back cousin of surfing.
- Walk to the southern end of the beach (to the left when facing the ocean) where you'll find a rocky intertidal zone to discover.
- Get a skimboard and ride away!
- Children will enjoy running in and out of the water here. As always, even on a calm beach, please attend to them at all times.
- Build a sandcastle, and don't be surprised if you have some young aspiring builders join in on the fun.
- Walk along the high tide line looking for interesting rocks and shells. You might even find a sand dollar!
- Play Frisbee or bocce ball. Ask at the office to borrow our bocce ball set if you don’t have your own.