Ocean Friendly Giveaway
Rather than simply another giveaway, we wanted to challenge you all to take steps to reduce your plastics use, and then reward your efforts.
No matter where you are, plastics will eventually find their way through waterways to the ocean. As a Surfrider Certified Ocean Friendly Business, we want to raise some awareness, and challenge you to reduce the number of plastics you use in your day-to-day life.
The contest runs for three months with monthly draws plus a grand prize draw at the end of the contest.
The first month is designed to make you really think about just that and encourages you to make a pledge to cut some of these out of your life. It could be single-use plastic bottles, or take-out containers, or even that plastic toothbrush.
Enter each month to gain more entries into the final draw, where the grand prize winner will receive an incredible Tofino experience including:
- A special Jamie's Whaling Station tour for 2.
- 2 night’s accommodation for 2 at Crystal Cove Beach Resort (Accommodation redeemable outside June 14-October 13, not including long weekends and holidays)
- A food tour for 2 with Tofino Food Tours.
- Beer tasting for 2 with Tofino Brewing Co.
- Day passes to Ucluelet Aquarium.
- A kayaking excursion for 2 with Paddle West Kayaking.
- A cultural canoe tour for 2 with T'ashii Paddle School.
- A Jamie's Whaling Station reusable water bottle and canvas bag.
The winner this month will receive a gift bag filled with locally sourced, environmentally friendly gifts. It includes an assorted product pack from Merge Tofino, toiletries from Sea Wolf Grooming, a Tofino Brewing Co. growler, a bowl crafted from reclaimed cedar from Specifically Pacific Designs, a wildlife print from Mark Sawyer Photography and a Jamie's Whaling Station reusable water bottle and canvas bag.
You can gain a total of 10 entries this month by following the link and following the instructions. There’ll be 10 more entries in April and 10 more in May before we announce the winner in June. Get involved and take steps to benefit our beautiful coastline! Share the competition with others and help us encourage more people to take steps to reduce their plastics use!